Friday, November 04, 2005

Beaulieu Napa Valley Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 (NW)

Black cherry and dark berries on the nose and palate
An earthy quality as well
Moderate tannins and good backbone

I like this wine. I bought just a half bottle to put it in a wine flight with my wife. This was not her favorite, but it was my favorite of the flight that included Buena Vista Carneros Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 and Columbia Crest Two Vines Cabernet Sauvignon 2001. I liked it because it has an earthy quality in addition to the fruit. This makes it seems more elegant and capable of food pairng than many of the big, fruit-forward, and jammy Cabs from California. In other words, it's almost more of an "old-world" style than and "new-world" style. I paid $10 for the half bottle. Raise a glass of Rutherforld!

No comments:

Post a Comment